Patricia Hewitt is at the forefront of making the UK-India partnership work in real business terms.
The chair of the UK India Business Council (UKIBC) has seen this relationship grow at close quarters, as the longest serving Secretary of State for trade and industry in the last 50 years under the previous Labour government.
She now brings her expertise to the Power People 2012 judging panel: "People often ask why trade between India and UK is not larger. One key reason is business owners wanting to expand often do not know who the game-changers are.
"India Inc's initiative connects the 'Rainmakers', wealth creators and business owners to boost bilateral trade. They will monitor closely how much business is created as a result of the initiative."
Other Power People 2012 News:
- Sir Michael prepares for shortlist: "I welcome India Inc's Power People initiative as an opportunity to highlight the contributions of those making things happen behind the scenes."
- Mahindra endorses Power People: "India Inc's Power People will provide that special push to realise the enormous growth potential in the UK-India business relationship."
- Brent Hoberman to act as judge
- UKIBC partners with Power People
- CII steps in as strategic partner
- UKIBC chair Patricia Hewitt joins judging panel
- UKTI on board as strategic partner
- Anand Mahindra to judge Power People
- Sir Michael Arthur joins judging panel